The art of communication has evolved over the years through different medium. The need for a proficient writing skill can not be over emphasize with the increasing need for written communication through the internet writing, emails and lots of other means. A few practical steps are carefully outlined here to enable you hone your writing skills.
1. Be an Avid Reader: To be a good writer, you must first be a good and avid reader. Reading exposes you to timeless ideas and innovations of the future, which are locked in the pages of books written by great minds.
2. Start Writing: The best way to learn to write is to start writing. Start writing on topics and issues which are most appealing to you. Write on topics that catch your interest, topics for which you have great passion and anything imaginable.
3. Criticize your Writing: You must go on to constructively criticize your writing. Check your writing for spelling errors, ascertain the proper use of tenses and punctuation marks, look out for right blending, coherence and a general mastery of the language.
4. Never Stop Learning: Read more Self Development Materials, read self help books on the web. Ask questions from seasoned and experienced writers, in short, never stop learning.
5. Never Stop Writing: Do not stop writing, keep on writing, what you do not use, you eventually lose,so keep exercising your writing prowess and keep getting better till you arrive at the final destination-Perfection.
Ayeni Emmannuel Oluwadunsin
Post a Comment