“What lies behind us and what lies before
us are tiny matters compared to what lies
within us.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
I have always loved this quote from Ralph Emerson and tonight i take a few lessons from it.
1. IT'S IN YOU! : The greatness you have always sought is closer to you than you can ever imagine. The unlimited power, talents and all you really want and desire is no where else than within you. You have it in you and when it looks like it's far away, the route is just right within you. Within you lies unused and explored potentials; a vast mine of diamond lie fallow beneath your feet. IT'S IN YOU!
2. Find it . It's in you but most times you have to find it. Dr. Myles Munroe has been credited to say the richest place on earth isn't the gold mine of South Africa but rather the grave yard. This is due to the vast reserves of unexplored and unrefined potentials of men who died before even finding it. You owe God, yourself and your entire generation and even posterity the sole responsibility of finding IT and exploring it.
3. You must unlock IT. Often times our very best is trapped right within us in the cage of idleness or complacency of 'good enough' often times we shut the door of mediocrity on the unexplored genius within us. At times we find it but it's just locked up; we need to unlock the doors that shut off our best expressions and allow good give way to greatness.
4. Release it: At times the vast potentials of ideas and true greatness that lie within is can't just seem to find full expression just because we refuse to let them out. We get so afraid of making a great change; we find safety in playing by the rules and staying in the comfort bay; The greatest events of our lives are usually outside the comfort zone..Like a woman going through the pain of travailing so as to enjoy the gain of prevailing; we need to release the wealth of gifts given to us to impact our world no matter how rough it might initially seem.
5. If it's to be it's up to ME. That is the creed of everyone who is aware and driven. After all has been said and done, It still boils down to us taking action; nothing works itself except it's worked upon. To have certain experiences you just make them happen! We have just ONE single lifetime and if you are not satisfied with it so far; You want to go to work right
away because all you need to begin the process is right in you! so whether you think you can or can't you are always right. IT' S UP TO YOU!