The Mandela Washington Fellowship is conducted as a merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semifinalists will be interviewed by the U.S. embassies or consulates in their home countries. If selected for an interview, applicants must provide a copy of their passport (if available) or other government-issued photo identification to verify eligibility.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The Mandela Washington Fellowship is open to young African leaders who meet the following criteria:
· Are between the ages of 25 and 35 at the time of application submission, although exceptional applicants younger than 25 will be considered.
· Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
· Are eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa.
· Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
· Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Republic of the Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
The U.S. Department of State and IREX reserve the right to verify all of the information included in the application. In the event that there is a discrepancy, or information is found to be false, the application will immediately be declared invalid and the applicant ineligible.
Applications not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee. If you do not meet the technical eligibility requirements for this program, we invite you to visit exchanges.state.gov for information on other U.S. Department of State exchange opportunities.
What are the criteria for selection?
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
· A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
· A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
· The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
· Strong social and communication skills.
· An energetic, positive attitude.
· Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
· A commitment to return to Africa and apply leadership skills and training to benefit the applicant’s country and/or community after they return home.
The application will collect basic information and will include questions regarding the applicant’s professional and academic experience, including educational background; honors and awards received; extracurricular and volunteer activities; and English language proficiency. We will also request a résumé (with dated educational and professional background), and personal information (name, address, phone, email, country of citizenship). Additional elements, such as letters of recommendation or university transcripts, are OPTIONAL and may supplement your application.
APPLY FOR THE 2017 MANDELA WASHINGTON FELLOWSHIP
I wish you all the best...
(Engineer, Motivational Speaker, Writer and Entrepreneur)
GET MY OFFER OF OVER 75 EBOOKS ON BUSINESS, MONEY, WEALTH CREATION AND INVESTMENT PLUS THE FAST READING PACK (LEVERAGE2.0) HERE;
LEVERAGE 2.0 : THE INSTANT FAST READING PROGRAMME
Learn how to Increase your reading speed in 20 minutes!.
Call 2347033875827 for further enquiries
GET THE FINANCIAL MASTERY PACK !
CALL or send message on Whatsapp to +2347033875827
*Let's keep in touch!Receive great stuff in your mail when you Subscribe to my newsletter https://bit.ly/risetogreatness
*To Receive daily motivation tips for FREE on your mobile Buzz me (WhatsApp +2347033875827)